Augusta Canal 24-Hour
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
The newest ultra event for the CSRA is the Augusta Canal 24-Hour Endurance Run held on April 26-27, 2014. The race will have a 6-hour, a 12-hour, and 24-hour option. The race will be limited to 150 runners total.
The course is a 9.8 mile out and back loop on the well maintained canal towpath with the Savannah River to one side and the Augusta Canal to the other side. The course is made up of 80% well packed clay, 15% small packed gravel and 5% paved/concrete. From the Start/Finish line, runners run 4.9 miles to the turn around point, this portion of the course has a ~1% uphill grade. The turn around point will be located at the top of the canal towpath at the Augusta Canal Headgates. Overall, the course is roughly 50% shaded by several sections of trees that canopy over the towpath. Runners will start and finish at the Lake Olmstead entrance.
There is a small park with river access along the course. Runners are more than welcome to take a dip in the river to cool off during the heat of the day. The canal towpath will be open to the public from sunrise to sunset. You can expect other runners, cyclists, and families enjoying the canal. The canal towpath is slightly wider than a Jeep road so there will be more than enough space for everyone. You will not be exposed to vehicular traffic anywhere on the course. The race officials will be using golf carts along the course.
- Pre-reace packet pick up/meal location TBD
- All three divisions will start at 8 am
- Race Day check in begins at 6 am
- There will be two aid stations: Start/Finish line and at the Turn Around point
- Crew access points at Start/Finish line and at the Turn Around (Special instructions for evening access at Turn Around to follow)
- Pacers are welcome
- Awesome swag in the race bags!!
- First and second place awards for male and female in all three timed divisions
- Finisher’s medal for 50k in 6-hours
- Finisher’s medal for 50 miles in 12-hours
- Finisher’s medal for 85 miles in 24-hours
- Belt buckle for all 100 mile finishers in 24-hours.
Need to Know:
- Entry fee for all three divisions is $115.00
- Headlamps are required after dusk (including Pacer)
- The race is held in nature so you will see snakes, turtles, river otters and if you’re lucky an alligator or two! Don’t worry, they won’t bother you if you don’t bother them
- Registration closes March 31, 2014 if not sold out prior
- Entry fee includes pre-race dinner for the runner
- Additional dinners can be purchased for $10 each, contact the Race Director if you need to purchase additional dinners
Race Director: David Nance
For more information: email@example.com